So I was thinking, why would I put anything on my face that I wouldn't want to eat. Sure it's powerful but apparently it's just not enough. I get pretty nice results when I make my own face wash/masks so I figured why not just use the natural stuff. Pick a good time of the month to start. Okay every girl has a breakout time according to their time of the month. Mine is usually the week before, my face just goes crazy. Start right after this week. (If you are fortunate and just have amazing skin all the time then do whatever you want...and send me your good skin genes.) I'm hoping that if I have a whole month to tame my skin I will notice the most results during this week. Does my skin go crazy or mission accomplished?
Some natural choices you can use are oatmeal, honey, cinnamon, sea salt, green tea, lemon, sugar...etc. There are so many blogs/videos about making your own face stuff. I'll post some of my favorites below and feel free to share yours! I love making new kinds!
I figured in the morning I will use oatmeal and maybe sea salt. Just something quick and easy. At night I will use honey/cinnamon, lemon/sugar, egg whites.
Apple cider vinegar is an amazing toner! I will use that every day and night.
I would loove to be able to do everrrything all natural. Like foods, soap, shampoo, makeup, everything and anything. Unfortunately that stuff is pretty expensive but I will try to avoid grease and use more mineral makeup. I have cut out pretty much all caffeine from my diet, which I think is really important for this! Do drink lots and lots of water! If you can take this extra step that'd be amazing.
So, challenge accepted? I hope so! Take before and after pictures, share everything with me! I'd love to know all about what recipes you are creating and how it's working out for you! What is your skin type before and what has changed after words? It's only 30 days you can make it!
- Grab a small handful of oatmeal and run a little water through your hand. Rub all over your face just like a face wash. The oatmeal will turn milky and will leave your skin feeling smooth!
- On a cotton ball squeeze some lemon juice and sprinkle some sugar on top! Rub all over your face and rinse off with water. You face will feel so amazingly soft. The lemon juice helps with sun spots and redness.
- Mix some cinnamon in a with a small amount of honey. You only need about a quarters size. Smear all over your face (it feels so weird) and let sit for about 15 minutes. I like to scrub it off with oatmeal .
- Here is a great egg mask recipe with the amazing Kandee - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqBUm0txdhQ
- Here is an amazing list broken down by skin types - http://beauty.about.com/od/skinflaws/a/facemasks.htm
Have fun! Share everything with me! Can't wait to hear all about your ventures and I will update you along the way!